Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hellboy ll: The Golden Army

REVIEW: I am not going to lie, very disappointed in this movie. I was excited reading the reviews on RT, but after seeing it, was wondering what they were thinking to rate it so high. Did I miss something? Was I not watching close enough? This movie was all over the place and way more far fetched than the first one (believe that or not). Don't get me wrong I am a fan of fantasy but this film mad no sense to me. At best it was just okay, first one was better.

Basically it was too cheesy and slow at times, but had solid effects and good fight scenes.

RATING(of 10): 6.5

This ones hit or miss for the theaters.

3 comments:

Emils said...

i do not want to see this movie....hahahahaha

Pat R said...

Hellboy is dependably fun, doesn't take himself too seriously; and, for sure that director has an amazing imagination... reminded me a lot of his work in Pan's Labyrinth

slofaro512 said...

patrick, For me it was just too cheesy at times, much more than the first one. It's not that i lack imagination, and didn't like the story. And there is no doubt Del Toro is talented. His work here wasn't nearly as good as Pan's. Perhaps I was comparing it too much to that in my head.

Thanks for your comment.