Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pineapple Express

REVIEW: Not as good as their previous films. Don't get me wrong, it made me laugh plenty. I really enjoyed James Franco's role. But it just carried on. And Seth Rogen is the same character over and over. He isn't even acting, just living out his real life on camera. Entertaining, but a bit repetitive. Am I the only one noticing this?

The story also has similar "bonds of friendship" found in Superbad. Challenging the idea that it's not socially accectable for men to show affection toward one another, even if they are just friends. You know "man law", "guy code", call it what you want. However, they couple it with stronger homosexual undertones throughout the film. Making for a funny, sarcastic message.

I know I am being pretty negative here, and the movie is good, but not great. I just hold these guys to a higher standard for their previous accomplishments.

RATING(of 10): 7

If you are in no hurry, wait to rent it.

1 comment:

Emils said...

i liked it - BUT, it needed a better soundtrack. people just dont realize how much music adds...did you see notice how the preview had MIA's "paper planes"?? it was more interesting, right?

;)