Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Step Brothers

REVIEW: Pleasantly surprised! Much better than Ferrell's last one, Semi Pro. Keeps you laughing the whole time, but if you don't like mindless, vulgar humor, you won't dig. Ferrell and Reilly make for great 13 year olds who are really 40. The most important factor is they are believable. You can actually see them still living with there parents. Many great one liners too.


Spoiler: I thought the scene where they hopped on stage, was going to crash and burn this film. Just be over the top cheesy, BUT when they busted out with Ferrell singing Andre Bocelli it was awesome. Didn't see that coming and I liked it.


Overall this wasn't as good as their past films, but entertaining enough.


RATING(of 10): 6.5


You can wait to rent this one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree but you failed to say why it wasn't as good as his last movies. I believe it was because often times they took the role playing of "children" over the top. This was especially the case when they were arguing at the dinner table etc. Too cheesy for me. Not a good movie on the whole - but good for what it was. I laughed out loud 7 or 8 times. Also, what is the deal with man nudity - I don't know why more and more movies are having this lately. I don't find it funny - is it just me?

slofaro512 said...

Chris, It was cheesy at times. But all of Ferrell's movies are over the top. That's what he does. If anything this one was a little flat compared to his others. You Know?

And as far as man nudity goes... The ladies in the audience need love too man. Haha.

Emils said...

how is hell boy rated the same as this? that movie looks horrible to me.